From the Helm at Harborage Marina at Bayboro, Saint Petersburg, FL

From The Helm at the Harborage Marina at Bayboro

It has been a non stop summer from March we have been in the 80’s and 90’s everyday. The Atlantic storm season has been quiet through June and into July. That being said, we can’t let our guard down. It is a good time to review your personal hurricane plan and make sure that your vessel is prepared. We still have plenty of fire hose available for chaffing gear.

I hope everybody is enjoying the new 5G wireless internet. Since our provider has repaired our feed from the street into the marina, the improvement has been noticeable.
We have made a lot of progress on the complete renovation of our Dry Storage Facility. We are at 50% complete. We are excited at how fresh and clean it looks. Thanks to all our loyal customers who have stood by us for several years. It is truly appreciated. With all our new members, please take time to introduce yourselves to your neighbors. Our 4th of July Party brought all of us together and it was an excellent time to meet and greet. Don’t forget our “Friendly Friday” which will be back in August.

Please send us your suggestions on how we can make your experience at the Harborage the best possible.
Captain Brian T Sweeney, GM

Wow! I cannot believe that it is July 2015 already. I guess the saying, “Time flies when you’re having fun”, is true. A big thank you, to Marta and Les Fontaine, who provided the idea and the organizational effort to get Friendly Fridays going. The events have been a major success due in large part to you, our members. The next party will be on August 21st so be sure and save the date.

We now have a pump-out service that will come to you. Please be sure to call, 1st Rate 1st Mate at 727-953-2663 to schedule your service. This service has been in great demand and one we are happy to have at our marina.
Thank you to all of our preferred vendors who made National Marina Day 2015 a huge success. I look forward to seeing all of you there next year.
Cindy L. Asselstine, Office Manager

Summer came early to St. Petersburg this year, and it arrived with a vengeance. Temperatures and humidity have been very high, and it’s important hydrate often and to regulate your exposure to the sun. Don’t forget our many four-legged friends need water even more than we do! Along with the hot weather, of course, comes the classic Florida Summer weather pattern. We’ve had some intense late afternoon and evening storms, with gusts in the marina clocked in the vicinity of 50 knots. These squalls can kick up any time. When you leave the marina, please make sure your boat is tied up well. Also: If you have any issues with loose or questionable cleats, please report them to the office so we can repair them as soon as possible.

As Captain Sweeney mentioned, there is chaffing available for free at the marina office, pre-cut to approximately 2 foot lengths. Please take as much as you need. If you have questions about storm preparation, we have copies of the marina preparedness plan available in the office. Call or contact me at [email protected] and I will be happy to email an electronic copy upon request. One last note: I appreciate every report regarding the marina; we have a tremendous community of boaters who look out for each other, and for the facility.

Thanks again for everything you all do, to make the Harborage a great place to be.
Shawn Dudley, Dockmaster.
[SIZE=3]Make a reservation.
Harborage Marina at Bayboro
1110 3rd Street South
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
Bayboro Harbor/Tampa Bay
Phone: (727) 821-6347
Fax: (727) 896-6227[/SIZE]